Some days are about touching skin, discovering textures, kissing, feeling the water around my body. Other days are about tasting something new or exotic. There are days that my eyes are opened by the wonderful… Also, I’ve realized there are smells that take me back to places and situations.
Today has been about just listening to my favorite records… What a delight, so much pleasure…
Debió tocar el horror y el castigo de quitarle su valioso, precioso y finito tiempo en esta tierra a los demás.
I don’t want to be the only only girl in your life. I hope you experience and learn as much as possible before we meet. Yet, I wish when we’re old you’ll see me as the one that changed your life and made you happy. Xx from the past…
This is very honest from me. When I think of myself 6 months ago, I can’t believe how sad it would have been to continue with my not so healthy life: I was very much the party-hard, drink and smoke kind of person. I used to do sport, yeah… I used to eat non fat food, yeah… but I wasn’t feeling quite alright about my health and my body.
So, for reasons I will explain in a later post, I started running more frequently and I found it so healing that I want to share some tips in case you’re deciding to start running as well:
1. Running has to be a decision. It’ll challenge yourself, it’ll make you manage your thoughts in a positive way. It’ll give you pain and It’ll make you feel exhausted but the truth is, it’ll all be worth it.
2. Invest: buy expensive gear. You will surely want to use those Nike running shoes or those tight leggings and V Tees. This includes equipment: distance and pace sensors will help A LOT.
3. Set objectives: I’ve read for beginners what works best is not to run farther but to run faster. Measure your performance. Set objectives to improve it and remember there is no way to improve it if you don’t continue measuring it.
4. Share your accomplishments with your friends and family. Let others hear the good news! It’ll cause a dramatic positive effect in everyone around you. Trust me.
5. Find your role model: mine has always been my dad. He made his best marathon in NY with a 3:38 time. That is 5 mins per km for 42 kms. Amazing.
6. Make your Running Playlist: one of the things I enjoy the most is how music can fuel my runs and my life in many ways. You want to run fast? Electronic music helps.
7. Eat for your runs: I plan most of my meals based on my runs, calories burnt and needs my body will have during the run. Do further research on this.
8. Lose weight: So I first started to run to lose weight, now I lose weight to run faster. Sounds cool, right? Take off your body those extra pounds. You will feel GREAT.
9. Think of the ones you love while running.
10. Enjoy it! Running is one of the best ways to explore the world that is so beautiful. Find new places to run: whether it’s another block, another town or another country open your eyes, enjoy the sights and the new experiences.
Well at least these have worked for me.
Do share yours!